Friday, February 5, 2010

Oysters, driftwood ...

Merle's practice range

I absolutely covet this beautiful piece of driftwood, but the reality is that there is no way Merle will try to get it across the border. It would look great in my front yard!
The birds are in the lunch line ... waiting for the surf to serve them.


Well, our repairs held up to the rain Wednesday night. Of course, it wasn't the hard rain we had on Tuesday, but I think it is fixed. Take note of this ... my non-seafood eating husband took me to a restaurant in Union we had heard about called El Cuchupeta ... I had heard they had wonderful barbecued oysters and I really wanted to try them. I hoped they would have something non-fish for Merle, but, wouldn't you know, they did not. Being a good sport he ordered their crab salad and really liked it, but the amazing thing was he tried my oysters and really liked them, so we ended up sharing. They reminded me a lot of oysters Rockefeller. We both agreed it was the best meal we have had since we left home and I am pretty sure I can get him to take me back. We cut out about 9 miles of bad road by driving down the beach (like a super highway) to the 3 palm trees (shown in the background of the picture of the driftwood). A quick trip through a coconut grove and we are back on the road for the last 2-3 miles of bad road before we hit pavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment