Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Margarita Mondays, shopping, rain





I was without my camera for a few days as I could not find lithium batteries here and I failed to put any in my camera bag before we left home. We have Margarita Mondays in the park. These will change considerably since George is heading north this week and his blender has been the center point of our margarita making. Homemade with a real gasoline motor controlled by motorcycle handlebars, this contraption makes the happy hour quite festive and unique. Since I did not have my camera available and George and blender are now enroute to Arizona, you will have to use your imaginations to envision this engineering masterpiece. Aha ... I was able to borrow a couple of pictures from someone else!!! Merle and I took the water taxi over and spent the day Monday doing a bit of shopping and exploring in old Mazatlan. Tuesday has been the first overcast and cool day since we got here. Temps were in the low 70's and felt quite cool after our higher temps. About the time Merle returned from his golfing ... the bottom dropped out and we really had a downpour ... I am not sure how much rain we got here, but one of the campers said PV (Puerto Vallarta) and points north got 11 inches. We would definitely be a point north of PV. Merle thinks we got at least 6". Anyway it came down so hard and fast that we discovered a couple of leaks and Merle has gone up on the roof to resilicone a few places.

No comments:

Post a Comment